Hi to all,
The next Shell Art and Craft Club meeting is scheduled for:
Monday, April 27th
6:00 to 9:00 PM
At the Pompano Civic Center
We have two activities planned for the evening.
1) Apple Snail Flower Arrangements- Patti Jenkins will take us through all of the steps in making these arrangements in a small apple snail. Members will go home with a finished arrangement. Check out Linda Ebeling’s apple snail arrangements she recently made in the attached photos.
-Hot Glue Gun and sticks
-Needle nose pliers with spring action return Your jewelry tools should include one of these. The club has a loaner pair to share at the meeting
-Loctite or other brand superglue-Not gel
-Regular knife, straight edge, not serrated, to cut the foam
-10 -13 small shell flowers, ranging in size from about 1 to 2 inches. We suggest you make your shell flowers in advance and bring them to the meeting to save time. You can stem them at home or at the meeting. Note: If you have not yet learned to make shell flowers, there will be flowers available for purchase at the meeting.
Kits for the apple snail arrangements will be available for $3.00 each at the meeting. Kits include an apple snail, a stand, floral foam, stems for your flowers, and filler, i.e. natural plants and sea life. Please bring anything you want to include in your own arrangement.
2) Finish making a complete shell necklace. Marta Cruz will show members how to finish making a shell necklace using the focus shells they made at the last meeting.
– 1-3 focus shells with wire bales like the ones we made at the last meeting
– Jewelry making tools- The club has one set to share
– See attached Necklace Supply List. This is a comprehensive list of supplies needed if you want to continue making shell jewelry. Many of these supplies can be purchased at the meeting in quantities needed to complete one necklace.
IMPORTANT- NEW MAY CRAFT MEETING DATE
Please note that the May meeting date has been rescheduled to Monday, May 11th. The original meeting date, May 25th, is cancelled because the civic center is closed due to Memorial Day Holiday.
As always, we encourage you to bring your shell art and craft projects for others to see.
I look forward to seeing you on Monday night. Please call me at 954.309.7752 if you have any questions.
You must be logged in to post a comment.